Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gardening in June - Peppers, Tomatoes, Marigolds oh my!

Josiah's approach to gardening: I wonder what the ROI is on gardening? Let's see, $3 per plant + 40 minutes to plant them + watering + time to water = close to grocery store.

Spending time in the dirt with my best friend, outside, using my hands. Priceless.

Today we planted tomatoes, peppers (green & orange bell, jalapeƱo, anaheim) rosemary, parsley, thyme and marigolds (for scaring the aphids away).

This is broccoli we actually planted earlier this year from seed - such a lovely little head!


I gave everything a nice shower after we were done.

Garden bed before...(oh, and if you can identify the mystery plant that sprung up from compost, we will thank you heartily!)

the garden bed after, filled with tomatoes, peppers, and the mystery plant.


No comments:

Post a Comment